Operations Director (UK)
Listen to Karen introduce PF and share more about what the Operations Director role involves!
Your role as Operations Director will focus on making sure PF is delivering services in the most efficient and profitable way possible. Success is defined by PF profitability & efficiency (reaching targets & gaining increases).
You will be the bridge between sales, delivery, and hiring. Priorities are (in order):
You’ll join a team of 18 people, and will work together with the MD, the newly formed Board, the Client Marketing Managers and the Creative Studio to make sure we’re all working together efficiently. Other role responsibilities which dovetail with yours are:
CMMs: deliver best experience to clients
Finance Director: make sure this is done profitably
Ops Director: make sure this is done efficiently
You’ll report to the MD and the Board, and will work closely with the Marketing Director and the Head of CMMs.
What’s in it for you
- Primarily remote based role with more in-person meets to begin with
- Flexibility of working times (you may need to adapt your working schedule to fit our global teams at times)
- An amazing team to support you: people who love what they do, love this company, and care for each other
- Stretch yourself creatively: we’ll help you focus on doing the things you love best
- Opportunity to travel
Role objectives (will include KPI’s)
- Efficient project management of whole team (KPI = Percentage of projects/clients which are profitable -i.e on or under budget)
- Whole company capacity and resource planning (KPI = Length of time for new client or project to start – i.e buyer progression cycle)
- Increased profitability – overall, and by client & project (KPI’s = Average net profit %, retainer fee, project profitability)
Part of the executive board
Oversees project management for the whole company
- Head of CMMs reports to this person (and Head of Creative Studio in future)
- Meets with CMMs to understand how these things impact their day to day work
- Looks for exceptions & patterns across the whole company (as well as past patterns & upcoming patterns)
- Managing hiring
- Preparing role descriptions
- Planning onboarding, checkins, and mentoring
- Overseeing milestone trackers, salaries and pay rises for all team
- Managing the Head of CMMs and Head of Creative Studio
Personality / approach
- Willing to listen
- High level discussions (with data and gathered input from team)
- Gracious and firm
- Experienced enough to get on with the tasks (ie heavy mentoring at start but can take over very quickly)
Strategy, whole-team management, resource planning, direction
This is a full time, employment role. No outsourcers or freelancers will be considered. We want someone to be fully integrated as part of the PF team and we’d be looking for you to start immediately (well, once you’ve been through the hiring process).
You must be based in the UK to apply for this role. This is a remote role, so you can work from locations to suit you, as long as you have solid internet access and can jump on Slack or Zoom video calls at any time.
You will be expected to travel (primarily within the UK, but also globally) to meet with the MD, other team members, clients’ offices, and other locations for workshops and events, often with other PF team members.
You’ll also attend at least one annual team retreat, in a location which may be outwith the UK.
Salary & bonuses
The salary for this role is £50k, based on your experience and qualifications.
Of primary importance is your decision about whether this is the company for you. We pay team bonuses when company wide and departmental targets are reached (usually at least once, and at times more often during the financial year), and you have access to an equipment fund and mental health support fund.
What we’re like
- A mix of creative, digital, and geeky humans
- Mostly Apple users (iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iMacs abound)
- Flexible. Things change all the time, so we just go with it.
- Virtual. We don’t have offices, and are fully remote. We are fans of working from home (or wherever).
- Honest. We don’t cut corners, we won’t lie, and we won’t ask you to (or approve if you do it).
- Human. We make mistakes from time to time, and when we do, we admit it.
- Servants. We love to serve. We’re passionate about helping our clients, and we want them happy.
The PF internal values:
- Transparent. We share the right things, at the right time, to build relationship. We love to share our lives (including wins as well as fears) with each other.
- We have an opinion. We like to hear different perspectives and we know why we have a certain opinion.
- Positive. We always look for the good, and we believe it’s there. There’s always a blessing, even in tough situations!
- Take responsibility. We’re the first to recognise when we’re in the wrong, or when we could do better. We welcome that opportunity.
- Patient. We seek to be generous and gracious, and take our time with people.
- Collaborative. We love working together as a team (we’re not lone rangers).We live by the PF pillars: creativity, integrity, generosity, and rest.
Record a 3 minute video and submit it on this page (or you can send it to email@example.com). Due to the requirements of this role, the hiring process will look a little differently. The process will be similar, and the order will be slightly different. You can review the current process here.
Check out our other open roles on the Careers page.