You love the words, and the opportunity to play with them and help dig deep to what really needs to be said. Watch this video to get to know more about the role from our two content writers, Camilla and Daly!
What’s in it for you
- Remote based role – work from anywhere as long as you have internet!
- Flexibility of working times (you may need to adapt your working schedule to fit our global teams at times)
- An amazing team to support you: people who love what they do, love this company, and care for each other
- Stretch yourself creatively: we’ll help you focus on doing the things you love best
- Opportunity to travel to far flung places (ok well not right now but when travel resumes)
You are someone who has:
- Content writing skills: you have at least 2 years of experience as a content writer or copywriter and can demonstrate your experience with content you’ve produced
- You can write as if you are the client using with their tone, their style, their approach
- A solid understanding of how to write audience-centric content. We work exclusively with accountants to help them create marketing that brings them only the best clients
- A love for words, wordplay, wit. You’re excited to use your love of writing creatively to make an impact
- Tech-savvy: You prefer to use the newest and coolest ways of communicating and working. You’re familiar with Google docs, all the social medias, stuffs like that
- Disciplined: you plan your diary so that tasks are completed on or even before schedule without the need for reminders
- A firm grasp of the English language, including excellent spelling and grammar (i.e spelling, terminology, cultural references, understanding of phrases to use and not use)
- Global English: some of our clients are located outwith (er, “outside”) the UK, so you need to be flexible and adapt your editing knowledge depending on the client location
- Comfortable working virtually: your team and our clients are spread out throughout the UK and the world, and, well, the whole world is online right now anyway
What you get to do:
Writing and editing content. Words, lots of words. They will be included in (but not limited to):
- Email & email campaigns
- Blog posts
- Website landing pages
- PDF guides
- Case studies & testimonials
- Diagnostics, surveys, questionnaires
- …and loads more
You’ll be responsible for creating the above content for clients all over the world, and ensuring its….
- Grammatical correctness
- Factual accuracy
- Fit with the client style & personality
- Fit with the client’s target audience
- Match with client website & branding
- Common sense (is there anything that doesn’t fit?)
- ..and anything else that would prevent this content from being amazing in any way
This is a full time, employment role. No outsourcers or freelancers will be considered. We want someone to be fully integrated as part of the PF team.
The role is based remotely. You can work from wherever you want, as long as you have solid internet access and can jump on Slack or Zoom video calls at any time.
Location restrictions permitting, you’ll be expected to travel to clients’ premises for workshops and events, with other PF team members. You’ll also attend at least one annual team retreat, in a location which may be outwith the UK.
Salary & bonuses
We have confirmed our salary ranges are consistent with the average across all creative agencies across the UK, and we absolutely believe in paying our people well. We also pay team bonuses when company wide and departmental targets are reached (usually at least once, and at times more often during the financial year). Of primary importance, though, is that you decide whether you want to work with PF because this is the company for you, not primarily based on salary.
The starting salary range for our content writer roles is between £24k and £30k, depending on experience and qualifications. If your experience is stronger, a higher starting salary range may be available to you.
What we’re like
- A mix of creative, digital, and geeky humans
- Mostly Apple users (iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, iMacs abound)
- Flexible. Things change all the time, so we just go with it.
- Virtual. We don’t have offices, and are fully remote. We are fans of working from home (or wherever).
- Honest. We don’t cut corners, we won’t lie, and we won’t ask you to (or approve if you do it).
- Human. We make mistakes from time to time, and when we do, we admit it.
- Servants. We love to serve. We’re passionate about helping our clients, and we want them happy.
The PF internal values:
- Transparent. We share the right things, at the right time, to build relationship. We love to share our lives (including wins as well as fears) with each other.
- We have an opinion. We like to hear different perspectives and we know why we have a certain opinion.
- Positive. We always look for the good, and we believe it’s there. There’s always a blessing, even in tough situations!
- Take responsibility. We’re the first to recognise when we’re in the wrong, or when we could do better. We welcome that opportunity.
- Patient. We seek to be generous and gracious, and take our time with people.
- Collaborative. We love working together as a team (we’re not lone rangers).We live by the PF pillars: creativity, integrity, generosity, and rest.
Record a 3 minute video and submit it on this page (or you can send it to [email protected]). Please include a link to, or a copy of, an example piece of content you have written (i.e. a blog, a website page). Video applications submitted without an example piece of written content will not be considered.
You can connect with the PF team on all the socials – all the links are in the footer of the PF site!
Examples of our work
These are some of the projects we’ve completed for accountants so far.
Check out our other open roles on the Careers page.