Here are some of the key points made during the talk. Don’t forget to download our 27 Content Ideas for Accountancy Firms!
- Social media is where your prospects are.
- It’s just a way to communicate and share and be known. It’s nothing to be terrified about.
- It’s entirely optional for you to use social media, but if your competitors are using it, you’re missing out.
- Start with your target. If you know who you’re primarily talking to, it guides what you say.
- Prepare your content plan. Once you know who you’re talking to, it’s much easier to find something to say on social media.
- It’s all about filling the funnel. Followers become email list signups. Email signups builds your database. A bigger database means more reach. The more your reach, the more business you get.
- Push your services
- Tell people to phone you
- Post generic industry updates
- Post generic anything
- Send content in clumps
- Post nothing at all
- Ask for followers
- Share useful content
- Be helpful
- Be relevant (to your target, to your industry, to the issues)
27 Ideas for Content – free download to get you started
Follow up is critical
- If you are contacted on social media, reply as instantly as possible.
- If you’re not responding, your competitors are
Don’t generically outsource your social media, but get help with the basics:
- Social media account setup
- Design, branding, logos
- Continuous sharing of your relevant content
- Following targeted markets
And have a great Friday!